Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Reflection on Pre-Production

I present to you my reflection on the pre-production of this project so far. Compared to last project's pre-production phase, this time around seems to a bit more enjoyable mainly because I got to interview folks (and that was fun for me...maybe I should major in Radio). Enjoy!


Audience Questions

1)What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.

 
Some of the successes involved obtaining my interviews from my interviewees Dr. Talanquer and Dr. Aspinwall. They helped find useful resources for examples in their field such as PubMed, an academic journal database and Talanquer's home research page.



2)What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.
Some challenges for this week was being able to identify different genres in the field of chemistry. We needed at least 3 examples and well most of the professional chemical content out there is published as an academic journal (or text). I managed however, to find a source of chemical education videos as a different genre in Chemistry.



3)How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week?

Next week, I think next week will go somewhat well. My only concern is that I might not be able to get a response from professor Bottai during spring break quick enough (since we'll be on break). Other than that, I think I'm in the best position right now for next week.




4)How are you feeling about the project overall at this point?

At this point, I feel like I have a pretty good understanding of what the project is needing me to do and how to do it. Thanks to the class lectures, I now know how to tackle the genres of my field and understand what things to analyze such as rhetorical strategies and evidences to support the strategies identified from the examples.





No comments:

Post a Comment