Sunday, March 27, 2016

Peer Review (a) for Brady Thomas

The following post is a peer review evaluation of project 2.

I reviewed Brady Thomas's "Communication in Electrical and Computer Engineering" project. 
His project can be found here and comment here.

I chose to use the content suggestion choice of review because I feel I have a good understanding about what kind of content should be used in the format that Brady is using (essay).

I think I helped his work improve a bit by giving him interesting feedback on his essay and what his citations and credibility sources in good use.

I incorporated the usage of citations from the guidelines into my review in hopes of the project to be improved.

I admired that Brady's Essay was so smooth to read and follow.

Here is my content suggestion on your project 2 :

You properly introduced your sources and did proper in text citation in your essay. It was effective and clear where in the works cited page your in cite text citations were referring to. 

I enjoyed how you went straight into the analysis of what genres those in your field of engineering use. Instead of having an intro full of fluff, you immediately went into claiming that these engineers do not really use social media to present their claims as they have too much information to share. Each body paragraph immediately points out the main genre the paragraph will be analyzing. 

One thing I would suggest could be to briefly explain what the emotional and logical appeals mean in our first paragraph, just so the audience can understand a bit more what those appeals mean. Other than that, the rest seems fine to me. A suggestion could be to trim down some unnecessary vocabulary in your essay.


No comments:

Post a Comment