Sunday, January 31, 2016

Considering Genre

There are four genres available for my first project: Podcast,video essay, Quick Reference Guide and the college essay. The following will briefly explain my selection of genre for Project 1.

1. What genre are you going to commit to for Project 1? Why?
For this project, I am going to commit to the college essay because I think it's the genre in which I can express a controversy the most efficiently out all of the genres. Plus, I want to get the college essay over with because I think I will find this the least exciting genre as well. 

ClkerFreeVectorImages, "Quill Pen Writer Author Ink" 08/26/13 via Pixabay
CC0 Public Domain
2. What genre conventions from your chosen genre are you planning on developing during next week's Production phase? What do you plan to do with the genre conventions that will help you accomplish the purpose of the project most effectively?
I plan to work on the thesis of my paper and develop a narrative structure in which will establish the controversy clearly and all the things surrounding my selected controversy such as the characters, setting, plot, conflict, etc. Also, I will attempt to find a balance between formality and little hints of informality that do not cross the line (to keep the content from seeming too serious on itself). 

3. How are you feeling about Project 1 going in to the Production phase? What challenges do you anticipate next week as you create content for the project?
I am feeling a bit nervous for the project. I expect to come across maybe lack of specific detailed information as I am creating content. Also, I expect to have difficulty in finding the right structure to tell my content in essay form. By right structure, I mean the structure that will make the content  feel informative yet entertaining.



No comments:

Post a Comment